The wedding day is fast approaching and there are still a lot of decisions that need to be taken. One of these decisions happens to be contracting the services of a wedding photographer Hampshire. But it just happens that there are a lot of wedding photographers so the task of finding the best one becomes difficult.
To avoid making a hasty decision that you rue in future, you need to take certain steps.
Out of the possible steps that will be taken, one of the most important once is the act of examining the portfolio of the photographer you are likely to hire. This is an essential step that should not be overlooked.
Like the saying goes, one picture can speak different things to different people. It is all dependent on how the photographer goes about capturing the essence of the image. Even if you are not an expert on photography, simply looking at the portfolio of the wedding photographer can tell you a lot of things. But we will try to give you an idea of what the photographer is likely to do:
- The wedding photographer Hampshire might decide to shoot his images utilizing wide-open apertures so as to increase the field of depth.
- Also, the photographer will prefer the use of natural light for their shots.
- Another thing a photographer tries to do when capturing images, is abiding by the rule of thirds. In this instance, the photographer divides the whole image into three discerning parts. The subject of the shoot is the second part that is, in the middle. This trick allows the viewer of the image to see both the background and subject of the shoot in one look.
- Next, watch out for the focal point of an image. This is really a strong point as this is what beautifies the picture. This is the eye capturing aspect of the image. The rule of thirds and focal point are two things you are likely to see in magazines, so it is no surprise that photographers also employ it in wedding albums.
- When appraising the portfolio, another thing you should pay close attention to is the edge and background of the pictures. It is a unique skill to balance the subject, background and edges of the picture so that the later two do not detract from the most important feature that is the subject. The edges and background ought to blend in to highlight the main subject.
- Finally, pay close attention to the use of natural light. In wedding albums, the wedding photographer Hampshire Martin Bell should place more emphasis on the use of natural light as it gives better results than artificial ones. However, the time of day when the pictures are shot also affects the outcome of the pictures but you need to watch out for these things to ensure the photographer is highly capable of being flexible.
When the above hints are put into play shooting images, you get a stunning picture that captures the attention of the appraiser. The emotion, expression and essence of the subject of the image is also well highlighted. The details cannot be ignored and pop out in the background.